The carbon emissions across the world are growing at an unprecedented rate and the ecosystems are being damaged at a much faster pace. However, countries across the globe are taking measures to slow down the effects of climate change and save the environment. Transition to clean energy with the help of the government is happening in Australia. However, it is much slower than expected.
Solar power system is one of the most accepted forms of renewable energy across the globe. It is one of the most sustainable, environmentally friendly and financially viable options for homeowners and business owners to generate clean electricity and save money. However, most of us often get confused while looking for solar quotes. Here is a special step by step guide on setting up a solar power system on your Victorian roof.
1. Research about the solar components
If you are considering investing in a solar PV system, it is important to do some research. It is crucial to know what components are part of it. There are four major components of a solar power system:
- Solar Panels: We all have seen solar panels on our neighbors, friends or colleagues’ roofs. So we do know what solar panels are? But what puzzles us is the brand of panels we must choose. With so many solar brands available in the market, it is difficult to choose the one that is right for our property.
It is advised to choose Tier 1 CEC approved solar modules for your property as they are backed by various research and have more credibility.
- Solar Inverters: Solar inverters are one of the major components of the solar power system. The solar panels on the roof generate DC (Direct Current) electricity in the presence of sunlight. Most of the appliances we use need AC (Alternate Current) electricity. The inverter converts DC to AC, making the solar power produced by the panels useful. Thus, it is important to select the right solar inverter for your property.
It is advised to choose a CEC approved solar inverter for your property as they are backed by good warranties and research.
- Mounting Kit: Most of us ensure to select the right solar panels and solar inverter, however, what doesn’t cross our minds is the mounting system that holds the panels in place. These prevent the panels from falling off and hold them tight on the roof. Thus it is advised to choose the right mounting kit.
- Solar Battery: Solar batteries store the excess power generated by your solar PV system to use in the night or overcast days. They are also one of the major 4 components of the solar system and thus should be chosen with thought.
It is advised to choose CEC approved solar batteries for your property as they are backed with warranties and offer good credibility.
2. Understanding power consumption
How much power do you consume annually? What is your average quarterly electricity bill? These are the concerns you might come across while selecting the right size solar PV system for your property. Consider studying your yearly bills. Check your peak power consumption periods and the amount you pay. Yes the calculations can be complicated to determine the correct size solar system for your property. Don’t worry! We have got your back. Our experts are here to study your bills and offer you just the right size solar system for your property. Call us now to learn more.
It is recommended to install a slightly bigger system than needed as the consumption is only going to increase in the future, thus it can be helpful.
3. Get quality solar installation
A solar power system is an investment for the next 25 years, which if made thoughtfully can yield good return on investment. You might have invested in top solar panel and inverter brands but if they are not installed properly, it might be of no use. It is necessary to get a quality solar installation in order to avoid any future costs associated with it.
It is advised to get your solar installation done with a CEC accredited installer only. They are licensed to perform quality solar installation and do so religiously.
4. Select a CEC approved solar retailer
Even if you are considering getting a quote, get it from a CEC approved solar retailer only in Victoria. Victoria government offers rebates for installing solar which reduces the upfront cost of getting them on the roof significantly. A CEC approved retailer can only help you claim the rebate if you are eligible. To learn more about rebates read the Solar Miner’s Complete Guide to the Victorian Government Solar Rebate. Who can Apply and How?
Go Solar Go Longer with Solar Miner
Solar Miner is one of the most renowned and preferred CEC approved solar retailers of Victoria. We work with the best solar product brands in Australia to offer a quality solar solution for your property. We have a wide network of experienced CEC accredited solar installers to get a quality solar installation for your property. Our latest offer consists of 415W Tier 1 panels with a smart Wi-Fi inverter. Get in touch with our team today to learn more about the latest deal in your location.